Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week 10 - High Day Recap

The Fall Feast: Fall Equinox, Feast of Reaping


I did it according to the COoR, and the only thing that went wrong is that I forgot the bowl of water for the well. So the offerings went straight to the ground and the offering bowl got repurposed. It went well otherwise. Meitros was the gatekeeper as the binder of friends and relationship obligations, Ausos for the hearth fire, and my Lady, of Life Death and Rebirth (Gaia/Demeter/etc) was the primary patron.


I did this for me as a personal ritual, but with witnesses including my wife and chosen family. I went into a bit of trance during the ritual and afterwards it was absolutely indescribable softness and comfort. Previous guided meditations had told me I needed to go ahead and do this and stop dinking around about it. I was told that one woman who’d never seen a Pagan ritual before was a little nervous at first, but it felt homey and happy.


The runes drawn were: Hagalaz, about trials leading to better times; Berkano, new beginnings, prospering; and Ansuz, power of words and naming, blessings and taking of advice. It sounds to me like the troubles I’ve been going through are reaching an end, I’m getting that fresh start as my Lady’s child and Priestess, and that there is power in being named as hers and listening to her instructions.

I was too busy giving to receive, until the end. Then it was comfort and softness, the broken ground underfoot was kind to my feet, and when one of us started to take a picture of the fire, the phone identified four faces in the fire before it re-focussed and took the picture. The whole ritual brought home to me how real and how un-flashy this is. It’s right there, in ordinary things made extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment