Monday, September 15, 2014

Benefits

I have noticed a real benefit to meditating, getting more sleep, having friends send energy when I'm feeling rough, etc.

This morning, when the money didn't go in my account, the hotel stay wasn't done right so I had nowhere to sleep, I had no money for food and my account was overdrawn, I was working crazy hours and being shafted, and my cycle is about to start?

I didn't kill anyone.

I actually tossed my stuff in a bag just in case, called the front desk and got them to extend my stay (not my credit card being charged, and they extended it anyway - I must have sounded authoritative), and then wrote a good business-speak letter to the staffing agency providing my services to the end-user-employer.

I sent it to my account rep at the agency and her boss.

The money's getting fixed, the hotel is already fixed, she's groveling appropriately, and she's even going to pay for any bank fees from the overdrawing.

I didn't kill her....or quit what should be a lucrative gig.

Benefits.  I stopped and thought more than I usually have in the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment