Sunday, September 14, 2014

Meditation Log - Week 9

Partial entry, will add to this.

Nature: I’m still on the contract job in Richmond, but tonight and tomorrow afternoon I have to myself.  Tonight (9/14/14) I’m sitting in the hotel room with the windows open as the sun sets, listening to the crickets and the wind in the treetops at my level on the 3rd floor.  As the night’s deepened, I notice the bugs find my window screen, the sky changes to an indigo that isn‘t really seen, but felt on the retinas. Tomorrow, I plan to go to a nearby nature preserve in the afternoon, walk for a while, and then come back and sleep as much as I can before the stresses of the last three days on the job. The cool air is a blessing, and the connection to nature is water to my parched soul.

Meditation:  experiences, breath pattern, difficulties? I’ve been doing a few different things towards this: my schedule has lent itself to being up with the dawn, so I’ve resumed an old practice of looking at the dawn sky and thanking her for her light and renewal of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment