Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week 1 - Study Guide and Why

There is a study guide to the DP that walks you through all the requirements and adds a bit so it's more like a class instead of a shopping list of stuff to get done.  It's organized into weeks, so here's the format for those.  I'll be putting in other stuff than just the ADF stuff here, but the Study Guide stuff will be marked out by week.

This is a cut and paste from my notes for what I did in Week 1.  So it happened a few weeks back.  I'm going to copy my notes up in order so that they read correctly, even if they're all posted here in the next little bit.

Week 1

 Why have you chosen to take the first steps on the Dedicant Path? - Because Mara and Steph did and I'm about to graduate from Cailin's class and I need more study and I have been going to PIE stuff anyway, so it seemed to hit on multiple levels.
 Is this a step on your path, or will this become the Path itself? - Not sure yet. Probably just a step, but I'm open to change.
 What do you expect to learn? - About how PIE worship was done, possibly a better understanding of my Lady, possibly how to make it work in a more formal structure.
 What would you like to get out of this journey? – a better understanding of ritual technique and depth of devotion
 Do you know where this path will take you? - heck no. If I said I did, I'd be lying. I've got hopes, but the proverbial way to make God laugh is to tell him your plans, and I find that much to be true.
 If you have just joined ADF, why have you chosen to work on this
immediately? - Because this is the reason I joined the ADF.
 If you have been in ADF for a long time, why are you starting only now? - N/a
 Does it look hard or easy? Hard, but not because it's beyond me, but because I'll have to focus on myself and my growth and not just put crap on paper like in school.
 Which requirements appear to be difficult to you now, and which appear to
be easy? The timeframe looks interesting, but a good challenge. I've been celebrating all the Sabbats each year for a few years now, so it's do-able. But thinking something is easy is the way to make it hard, so I'm just going to do my best at all of it.

 Do you have doubts, questions, or concerns that you need to ask about? Maybe. I'll see what crops up as I go along, talk it out with Mara and Steph, seek further guidance if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment